The countries in South East Asia are pretty safe, including Vietnam. In fact, Asia is the region with the least murder rate in the world. You can see the ranking in Wikipedia.
There are also less cases of international terrorism, although terror attacks can happen anywhere.
It depends, where and how you travel.
In big cities like Saigon and Hanoi , there are good hospitals and hygiene standards . In rural areas it could be more hazardous.
Travel insurance is very important. It guarantees medical assistance in case of accident or medical problem. World Nomads is a renowned and simple international travel insurance. Fill the dates and you will see a price quote.
More on Saigon and Vietnam :
- Vietnam – What to Visit + Transport + Hotels
- Saigon – Where to Stay ? – Potential zones for the Hotel
- Saigon – What to Visit ? – The Tourist attractions
- Vietnam – How much does it Cost to Visit ? – Common prices
- Vietnam – About the Visa for Vietnam
- Saigon – The Transport – Bus, Taxi, Stations, Airport…
- Saigon – The Traffic – How to cross a street in Vietnam
- Saigon – Shopping – Commercial Centers and Markets
- Saigon – Vegetarian – The Vegetarian options in town
- Saigon – Weather – Yearly temperatures and Rain
- Vietnam – Scams – How to protect yourself
- Vietnam – How is the Internet – buying a local SIM
- Vietnam – Safety
- Saigon – Location and Size
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
See What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase and not to forget things.
See Important Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor…
Visit my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
Visit my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or a big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.