The countries in South East Asia are pretty safe, including Vietnam. In fact, Asia is the region with the least murder rate in the world. You can see the ranking in Wikipedia.
There are also less cases of international terrorism, although terror attacks can happen anywhere.
It depends, where and how you travel.
In big cities like Saigon and Hanoi , there are good hospitals and hygiene standards . In rural areas it could be more hazardous.
Travel insurance is very important. It guarantees medical assistance in case of accident or medical problem. World Nomads is a renowned and simple international travel insurance. Fill the dates and you will see a price quote.
Usually, people who are visiting big cities in South East Asia, are not doing special vaccinations before the trip. In the countryside it’s more problematic. There could be cases of typhoid fever, dengue fever, malaria and more. There could be also seasonal epidemics like the zika virus. Only your doctor can advise you about the vaccinations to take (recommendations are changing all the time, depending on epidemics and territory) .
You should also be up to date, with normal vaccinations like Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus.
Not a special problem in Vietnam. Just act with common sense.
There are little scams in Vietnam. They are usually non violent. See the page about the scams in Vietnam.
It is a problem in Vietnam, even as a pedestrian. See the page about the traffic in Saigon.
A risk in Vietnam, could be if you are renting a motorbike while you don’t have experience riding one. Many tourists are involved in motorbikes accidents in Asia.
Accidents in general
All the issue of safety is less developed in Asia. Be careful of falling objects, irregular sidewalks etc.
More on Saigon :
- Saigon – What to Visit ? – The Tourist attractions
- Saigon – Where to Stay ? – Potential zones for the Hotel
- Saigon – How much does it Cost to Visit ? – Common prices
- Saigon – The Transport – Bus, Taxi, Stations, Airport…
- Saigon – The Traffic – How to cross a street in Vietnam
- Saigon – Shopping – Commercial Centers and Markets
- Saigon – Vegetarian – The Vegetarian options in town
- Saigon – Weather – Yearly temperatures and Rain
- Saigon – Scams – How to protect yourself
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
See What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase and not to forget things.
See Important Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor…
Visit my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
Visit my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or a big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.