The countries in South East Asia are pretty safe, including Vietnam. In fact, Asia is the region with the least murder rate in the world. You can see the ranking in Wikipedia.
There are also less cases of international terrorism, although terror attacks can happen anywhere.
It depends, where and how you travel.
In big cities like Saigon and Hanoi , there are good hospitals and hygiene standards . In rural areas it could be more hazardous.
Travel insurance is very important. It guarantees medical assistance in case of accident or medical problem. See what I wrote about this topic in the page : How to find a Travel (Health) Insurance for Vietnam and Asia.
Usually, people who are visiting big cities in South East Asia, are not doing special vaccinations before the trip. In the countryside it’s more problematic. There could be cases of typhoid fever, dengue fever, malaria and more. There could be also seasonal epidemics like the zika virus. Only your doctor can advise you about the vaccinations to take (recommendations are changing all the time, depending on epidemics and territory) .
You should also be up to date, with normal vaccinations like Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus.
Not a special problem in Vietnam. Just act with common sense.
There are little scams in Vietnam. They are usually non violent. See the page about the scams in Vietnam.
It is a problem in Vietnam, even as a pedestrian. See the page about the traffic in Vietnam.
A risk in Vietnam, could be if you are renting a motorbike while you don’t have experience riding one. Many tourists are involved in motorbikes accidents in Asia.
Accidents in general
All the issue of safety is less developed in Asia. Be careful of falling objects, irregular sidewalks etc.
- How to Visit Vietnam ? – Transport, Best Time, Priorities…
- How to Reserve : Trains, Buses and Flights in Vietnam ?
- How much does it Cost to Visit Vietnam? Common Prices
- How to get a Visa for Vietnam ?
- Where to Stay, What to Visit, How to Arrive to :
- How is the Internet in Vietnam ?
- Is it Safe to visit Vietnam?
- What to Pack for the trip to Vietnam ?
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase.
- Visit my Vegetarian Page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
- Visit my Salsa Dance Page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
- See City Information about 2 more cool cities: Barcelona and Tel-Aviv.
- Listen to nice Songs with translation in French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew.
- Listen to basic Words In Spanish, French, Hebrew
If you find incorrect data on this page, like a restaurant that has closed or a big river that has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me to contact.