First, a little piece of advice : If during your trip, you are also going to visit Bangkok in Thailand which is just 1 hour flight from Saigon, then you better do all your shopping in Bangkok. It is superior to Saigon in any aspect : variety, prices and fun. You can see what I wrote about the shopping in Bangkok.
Now, regarding the shopping in Saigon. Look at the following map, click to enlarge :
Or look at the following Interactive map :
The big malls in Saigon Town Center
There are 2 big malls in the center of Saigon. They are relatively big, not as big as the ones in Bangkok, around Siam :
The mall from outside, on a sunny day :
It has about 8 floor and strangely most of it is built underground.
At the bottom floor there are many restaurants and cafés
And also a small supermarket.
At the top floor there is a small cinema.
2.Saigon Center – Takashimaya
It was opened in 2017. It is about the same size as Vincom.
The Japanese department store Takashimaya is present, in almost all the floors.
There is the famous French Bakery Paul on the first floor
And there are also smaller malls in the same area :
Parkson Plaza Department Store
Just In front of Vincom. It has a big Uniqlo store (Japanese origin) and a Muji store(Japanese origin).
Situated not far from Vincom. A small mall. On the ground floor there are a lot of promoters of perfumes.
Bitexo financial tower
This is the tallest building in Saigon with an observatory deck to visit. The ground floor has some shops and restaurants.
The commercial street Dong Khoi
It is the street where Vincom is. Regarding shopping, it has some luxury stores.
Ben Thanh market in town center
Very central and famous in Saigon.
Many, many fruits in this market and textile and souvenirs.
It is possible to eat warm food in some corners
At night, the main building is closed and there are stands outside.
Binh Tay Market in China town
The main building was renovated in 2019.
Less tourists here, compared to the famous Ben Thanh market.
- How to Visit Vietnam ? – Transport, Best Time, Priorities…
- How to Reserve : Trains, Buses and Flights in Vietnam ?
- How much does it Cost to Visit Vietnam? Common Prices
- How to get a Visa for Vietnam ?
- Where to Stay, What to Visit, How to Arrive to :
- How is the Internet in Vietnam ?
- Is it Safe to visit Vietnam?
- What to Pack for the trip to Vietnam ?
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase.
- Visit my Vegetarian Page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
- Visit my Salsa Dance Page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
- See City Information about 2 more cool cities: Barcelona and Tel-Aviv.
- Listen to nice Songs with translation in French, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew.
- Listen to basic Words In Spanish, French, Hebrew
If you find incorrect data on this page, like a restaurant that has closed or a big river that has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me to contact.