Usually yes. It depends on :
- The passport you have (the country). See the Wikipedia link below, for differences between countries. Some western countries don’t need a Visa for a stay of less than 15 days.
- The time you want to stay in Vietnam (Usually Tourist Visas are for 1 month or 3 months).
- Single entry or multiple entries (if you can re-enter Vietnam with the same visa).
- Type of Visa : Tourist, Business, Student (usually it is a Tourist visa).
There are now 3 ways you can get a Visa for Vietnam :
1. At Vietnam consulates (or embassies) all over the world
This is the classical way to get a visa. You physically go to the consulate, you fill a form and give a photo, you pay a fee and leave your passport. You return after a few days to collect your passport with your Vietnam visa in it.
Advantage of this form of Visa : The Visa is final, you don’t need more procedures at the airport when you arrive to Vietnam. You just go to the normal immigration line.
Disadvantage : You need to arrive to the consulate, twice.
Note : In some consulates, it is accepted that a travel agency will do the procedure for you (bring the passport and recollect it). You will need to pay a commission to the travel agency.
2. Online (Internet Website) – Visa on Arrival
You use a website of a certified visa dealer (there are many, 2 of them are cited below) and get a confirmation letter regarding your Visa application (via email). This is not a final Visa. When you land in Vietnam, at the airport, you need to go to a special booth to collect your Visa. You need to pay a commission to the website dealer and also a Visa Fee in Vietnam, when you collect your Visa (but this is not necessarily more expensive that getting a Visa at an embassy).
Advantage of this form of Visa : You don’t need to go physically to the consulate, before your trip to Vietnam.
Disadvantage : When you arrive to Vietnam, you will need to wait in a queue of persons, to receive your visa.
3. Online (Internet Website) – E-Visa
This form of visa is new (introduced in 2017). You get your final visa online, via the dealer.
Advantage of this form of Visa : Just advantages.
Disadvantage : Not available for all countries.
The requirements by country, regarding the Vietnam Visa :
Online Vietnam visa dealers (They offer services of “Visa on arrival” and “E-Visa”) :
More on Saigon :
- Saigon – What to Visit ? – The Tourist attractions
- Saigon – Where to Stay ? – Potential zones for the Hotel
- Saigon – How much does it Cost to Visit ? – Common prices
- Saigon – The Transport – Bus, Taxi, Stations, Airport…
- Saigon – The Traffic – How to cross a street in Vietnam
- Saigon – Shopping – Commercial Centers and Markets
- Saigon – Vegetarian – The Vegetarian options in town
- Saigon – Weather – Yearly temperatures and Rain
- Saigon – Scams – How to protect yourself
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
See What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase and not to forget things.
See Important Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor…
Visit my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
Visit my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or a big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.