Hot. As you can see from the tables, it is hot all the time in Saigon, even at night.
Here are the monthly average temperatures (Celsius degrees) and precipitations:
Same table in Fahrenheit degrees :
April is the hottest month of the year. December is the coolest (relatively).
Regarding the rain : As in all South East Asia countries, there is a dry season from December to early May and the rainy season from May to early December.
September receives the most rain. When it rains it can be quite intense (monsoons) and there can be floods.
When is the best time to visit Saigon ?
Usually tourists prefer when it is not raining, so it is in the months : December to early May. It is also the high season, so hotel prices are higher.
There is still a certain advantage when it is raining, the clouds are protecting from the very hot sun:
When it rains, you should better have one of these nylon coats. They are sold everywhere in town and they don’t cost much :
Weather Forecast for Saigon
See Weather Forecast for Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) on weather.com
More on Saigon :
- Saigon – What to Visit ? – The Tourist attractions
- Saigon – Where to Stay ? – Potential zones for the Hotel
- Saigon – How much does it Cost to Visit ? – Common prices
- Saigon – The Transport – Bus, Taxi, Stations, Airport…
- Saigon – The Traffic – How to cross a street in Vietnam
- Saigon – Shopping – Commercial Centers and Markets
- Saigon – Vegetarian – The Vegetarian options in town
- Saigon – Weather – Yearly temperatures and Rain
- Saigon – Scams – How to protect yourself
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
See What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase and not to forget things.
See Important Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor…
Visit my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
Visit my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or a big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.