First, a little piece of advice : If during your trip, you are also going to visit Bangkok in Thailand which is just 1 hour flight from Saigon, then you better do all your shopping in Bangkok. It is superior to Saigon in any aspect : variety, prices and fun. You can see what I wrote about the shopping in Bangkok.
Now, regarding the shopping in Saigon. Look at the following map, click to enlarge :
Or look at the following Interactive map :
The big malls in Saigon Town Center
There are 2 big malls in the center of Saigon. They are relatively big, not as big as the ones in Bangkok, around Siam :
The mall from outside, on a sunny day :
It has about 8 floor and strangely most of it is built underground.
At the bottom floor there are many restaurants and cafés
And also a small supermarket.
At the top floor there is a small cinema.
2.Saigon Center – Takashimaya
It was opened in 2017. It is about the same size as Vincom.
The Japanese department store Takashimaya is present, in almost all the floors.
There is the famous French Bakery Paul on the first floor
At the top floor there are restaurants. Among them an authentic Napolitan Pizza.
And there are also smaller malls in the same area :
Parkson Plaza Department Store
Bitexo financial tower
The commercial street Dong Khoi
Ben Thanh market in town center
Very central and famous in Saigon.
Many, many fruits in this market and textile and souvenirs.
It is possible to eat warm food in some corners
At night, the main building is closed and there are stands outside.
There is also a Beer garden, very nearby
Binh Tay Market in China town
- Saigon – What to Visit ? – The Tourist attractions
- Saigon – Where to Stay ? – Potential zones for the Hotel
- Saigon – How much does it Cost to Visit ? – Common prices
- Saigon – The Transport – Bus, Taxi, Stations, Airport…
- Saigon – The Traffic – How to cross a street in Vietnam
- Saigon – Shopping – Commercial Centers and Markets
- Saigon – Vegetarian – The Vegetarian options in town
- Saigon – Weather – Yearly temperatures and Rain
- Saigon – Scams – How to protect yourself
On Thailand :
- Bangkok – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- The Islands in Thailand – Which one to choose, Where to stay, How to arrive ?
- Chiang Mai – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
- Pattaya city – What to Visit, Where to Stay, Transport…
See What to Pack ? the visual list that will help you prepare the suitcase and not to forget things.
See Important Products for the Trip Hidden pocket to carry cash, padlock, Universal plug adaptor…
Visit my Vegetarian page. Why be Vegetarian ? What to eat ?
Visit my Salsa Dance page. Salsa main Styles. Why Dance Salsa ?
If you find incorrect data in this page, like a restaurant has closed or a big river has moved or you want to tell me something, please write me at contact.